GFI Brokerage (Trucking Owner Operators)
In 1995, GFI Transport established Garber Brokerage, Inc. (GBI) to accommodate additional loads for our customers and to meet the needs of other carriers. Today GBI has a solid base of owner-operated trucks pulling all types of trailers—walking-floors, dump trailers, flatbeds, van trailers, and hoppers.
Garber Brokerage utilizes a team of reliable, committed owner/operators, some of whom have been hauling loads for us since we started in 1995. We also maintain relationships with hundreds of other owner/operators in all parts of the continental U.S. to handle any logistical need you may have.
We are always looking for safe, experienced owner/operators. Garber Brokerage, Inc. offers good paying loads, on-time payments and a great working environment. If you are interested in Join the Brokerage Team as an owner/operator, we want to talk to you.
Advantages to becoming a GBI owner/operator:
- Consistent year-round work available
- Fuel surcharge paid
- No forced dispatch
- Fleet One Fuel card available
- On-time payments with detailed settlement information
- Direct Deposit available
Requirements for a GBI owner/operator:
- You must have your own truck.
- You must have your own operating authority
- You can either pull your trailer or lease one of our trailers
- You must have your own insurance including:
- Liability insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000 in coverage
- Cargo insurance with a minimum of $50,000 in coverage. Some loads require additional coverage
- You must have a clean driving record and a history of “on-time” deliveries
- You are required to keep your own records, including:
- DOT Log & safety-required record keeping
- Mileage & fuel records for local, state & federal government regulations